Intercampus Enrollment and Visiting Students

Within NU: Intercampus Enrollment

Intercampus Enrollment enables a student active at one University of Nebraska campus (UNL, UNO, UNK, or UNMC) to take a few courses at another.

  1. Eligibility
    • Be admitted and in good, active standing at your home campus.
    • Consult an academic advisor to ensure that the class(es) you plan to take at the visiting campus will be applicable at your home campus in the way you intend.
  2. Application
    Complete the Intercampus Application.
  3. Review Allow 3 to 5 business days.
    • Home Campus: First the campus which admitted you and will confer your degree (if applicable) will review the request.
    • Visiting Campus: Next the campus where you will enroll for the term will review the request.
  4. Approval
    You'll be notified by email.
    • If you will enroll in UNL courses, use MyRED to do so.
    • This type of enrollment is valid for one academic term per request. To continue taking classes at the visiting campus, repeat these steps for each term.

Within NU: Change of Campus (Records Forwarding)

Change of Campus enables a student currently or recently enrolled at one University of Nebraska campus (UNL, UNO, UNK, or UNMC) to have academic documents forwarded to another NU campus at which they are applying for admission.

Graduate applicants should follow the standard steps to admission, including submitting the admission application with unofficial transcripts. Do not use the undergraduate Change of Campus form.

  • To have official, non-expired test scores forwarded, consult your old campus about this promptly after applying to the new campus.
  • To have official, non-NU transcripts forwarded, consult your old campus about this if/when your new campus offers admission and asks you to provide those transcripts.

From outside NU: Visiting Students

Non-degree visiting admission enables students to take a few classes at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln while continuing to be a degree-seeking student at their home institution. For example, an MS student at a university in Kansas may want to take one semester of courses at Nebraska and then finish the MS in Kansas.

  1. Eligibility
    Visiting applicants must be both:
    • Actively pursuing a graduate degree at an academic institution outside the University of Nebraska
    • In good standing at that home institution.
  2. Application and materials
    Required by the Office of Graduate Studies:
  3. Review
    When we've received your application, fee, and transcript showing proof of bachelor's degree or higher, we'll review your file and contact you if additional information is needed. Once all materials have been received, allow 3 to 5 business days for this step.
  4. Admission
    If you are admitted we'll notify you by email and mail your Letter of Admission along with other important information for incoming students.
    • Register for classes through MyRED.
    • This type of admission is limited to two consecutive academic terms.