In this program, students earn a Master of Architecture degree.
Graduate degrees in Architecture are for students who want to pursue a research-based career in architecture, such as teaching or research-based design work. The accredited professional degree (M.Arch.) is for students who want to become a professional architect.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume/CV (optional)
- Personal Statement: This brief statement should describe your learning goals and professional aspirations (max 500 words).
- Portfolio: A multi-page PDF of personal design work is required for 2-year program applicants, optional for 3-year program applicants.
- Assistantship application: If interested in applying for an assistantship, complete the assistantship application and upload it.
- For full financial consideration, students must apply by January 15 for Fall and November 1 for Spring.
- Otherwise: Rolling Admission.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.