Business Analytics, Cert
Business Analytics, Cert
Sharpen your competitive edge and learn to leverage the power of big data with methods courses designed to help you solve real business problems and improve decision-making.
As big data and new technologies continue to transform business, there’s growing demand for individuals with experience in managing and analyzing data. The Certificate in Business Analytics will equip you with the skills necessary to be successful in this dynamic environment. Designed to build on any background, the 8-week courses are mobile-optimized and delivered 100 percent online, providing flexibility. While you pursue this certificate, you’ll engage with Big Ten faculty and gain access to a leading career center.
The curriculum consists of four methods courses taught by faculty with experience in the use of analytics techniques to solve real business problems. You’ll gain exposure to cutting-edge software, programming languages such as R and SQL, and the techniques used by industry to analyze data and make decisions, including statistics, data mining and simulation. With two core courses and several electives to choose from, you can tailor the certificate to fit your needs. The skills you’ll gain have broad appeal for employers and are applicable to virtually any industry, providing an edge in today’s competitive job market. Since the course credits you’ll earn are transferable, you can also roll your credits into a master’s program, including our M.S. in Business Analytics.
For more information, visit https://go.unl.edu/certificate-in-business-analytics.
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Forecasting Specialist
- Management Consultant
- Market Research Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Pricing Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Systems Analyst
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
MBA students wishing to pursue the certificate will not be subject to additional screening. Students seeking just a certificate will be reviewed by a faculty committee based on:
- Bachelor’s degree: 3.0 GPA recommended*, but we will review candidates holistically (please see below).
- Professional Résumé: Your résumé should include relevant work experience, education, skills, professional and community involvement, and other professional credentials.
- Prerequisites: You are expected to have developed proficiency in using Microsoft Excel before you begin the program.
* We recommend that you have relevant work experience. Students with less than a 3.0 GPA, but who have substantial relevant professional experience, will still be considered for the certificate program.
July 1 for Fall. November 1 for Spring. April 1 for Summer.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.