MBA@Nebraska delivers an exceptional ROI with lower costs and higher post-graduation salaries. Ranked “#1 Value for the Money in the U.S.” by Financial Times, this program offers a Big Ten degree with substantial savings compared to similarly ranked programs.
At Nebraska, we know enrolling in an MBA program is a big commitment, so we work hard to make sure you receive a greater return on your investment of time and money.
MBA@Nebraska allows you to advance your career while you work. Our flexible curriculum includes fully online courses offered in 8-week sessions, so you can either take multiple classes per semester or concentrate on one course at a time. Online courses typically include lectures, case studies, simulations, discussion boards, and optional synchronous webinars. If it's crunch time at work, you can easily take a session off and then jump right back into your coursework.
Our 48-credit hour program consists of 10 core classes and 6 electives. With your MBA elective courses, you can choose to earn a specialization in business analytics, finance, human resource management, international business, marketing, or supply chain management. The only prerequisite course is an undergraduate course in statistics.
All active duty or honorably discharged military personnel receive a 15% tuition discount for online graduate business courses used in their graduate business degree.
For more information, visit https://business.unl.edu/mba/.
Courses List Number Name Credits GRBA 851 Business Analytics 3 ECON 817 Introductory Econometrics 3 Select One of the following: SCMA 851 Predictive Analytics 3 SCMA 853 Business Data Mining and Descriptive Analytics 3 Total 9 Electives (select 2) Number Name Credits SCMA 837 Risk and Simulation Modeling 3 SCMA 851 Predictive Analytics 3 SCMA 852 Data Management and Organization 3 SCMA 853 Business Data Mining and Descriptive Analytics 3 SCMA 854 Advanced Analytics and Big Data 3 SCMA 855 Prescriptive Analytics 3 Total 6
Course List Number Name Credits Complete 3 of the following courses FINA 801 Quantitative Methods for Finance 3 FINA 802 Fixed Income Analysis 3 FINA 803 Case Studies in Financial 3 FINA 804 Portfolio Management II and Ethics 3 FINA 850 Multinational Financial Analysis FINA 855 - Capital Markets and Financial Institutions 3 FINA 862 Security Valuation and the Buffett Investment Method 3 FINA 863 Portfolio Management 3 FINA 867 Options, Futures, & Derivative Securities 3 FINA 871 Non-Profit Finance 3 Total 9
Human Resource Management
Course List Number Name Credits MNGT 863 Compensation Administration 3 MNGT 864 Talent Acquisition and Staffing 3 MNGT 866 The Regulatory Environment for Employment and Labor 3 Total 48
Students must be accepted and enrolled in the Masters of Business Administration program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Students earning the specialization will be required to take the 9 credits of courses (MNGT 864, 866, 863) within the 18 hours of electives allotted to students in the MBA program.
Course List Number Name Credits Complete 3 of the following courses GRBA 852 International Business 3 ECON 822 International Finance 3 FINA 850 Multinational Financial Analysis 3 MNGT 828 Leadership in a Global Context 3 MRKT 855 Marketing and Globalization 3 SCMA 839 Global Supply Chain Management 3 Total 9
Course List Number Name Credits Complete 3 of the following courses MRKT 821 Applied Marketing Research 3 MRKT 826 Services Marketing 3 MRKT 830 Issues in Marketing Communications 3 MRKT 845 Advanced Marketing 3 MRKT 850 Data-Driven Marketing Strategy 3 MRKT 855 Marketing and Globalization 3 Total 9
Supply Chain Management
Course List Number Name Credits Complete three of the following courses SCMA 831 Advanced Enterprise Systems 3 SCMA 832 Planning and Controlling Supply Chain Systems 3 SCMA 834 Advanced Topics in Lean Supply Chain Management 3 SCMA 836 Project Management and Implementation 3 SCMA 839 Global Supply Chain Management 3 SCMA 844 Managing Logistics in the Supply Chain 3 SCMA 847 Advanced Supply Chain Technology 3 Total 12
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
Prospective students will be evaluated on the basis of work experience (including military service), personal statement, undergraduate degree, and performance (recommended minimum 3.0 GPA), prior graduate study, and standardized test scores (GMAT or GRE). These do not guarantee admission; they ensure that the application will be reviewed for admission. Students who are denied admission will need to submit a separate application and application fee if they choose to reapply in future semesters.
- Entrance exam(s): GMAT, GRE, or waiver.
- Most applicants must submit a GMAT score (test within the last 5 years, recommended minimum 600) or a GRE score (test within the last 5 years).
- Some applicants are eligible to request a GMAT/GRE waiver based on any of the following qualifications:
- Seven or more years of significant managerial, operational or decision-making experience and an acceptable undergraduate GPA
- Earned a Ph.D., JD, MD, or Pharm D
- Currently enrolled in medical school
- Admitted to the Nebraska College of Law
- Minimum English proficiency: Paper TOEFL 550, Internet TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5
- Three references
- Personal Statement: The personal statement is evaluated on content, sentence structure, and grammar. It should be 750 words or less and should touch on the following: your past experience and relevant skills, what you would contribute to our program, your short and long term professional goals, and how this degree would assist you in achieving your goals.
- Professional Resume: Your resume should include relevant work experience, education, skills, and involvement.
July 1 for Fall. November 1 for Spring. May 1 for Summer.
Applications may be accepted after these dates, but there is no guarantee they will be processed in time for the semester indicated. If you apply after these dates, you may be considered for a later semester.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.