Integrative Biomedical Sciences, PhD
This educational program is designed to provide individualized instruction, with a strong emphasis on health and disease.
A prominent area of study consists of research in infectious diseases including biomedicine, bacteriology, immunology, pathology, epidemiology, virology, and mechanisms of disease. Molecular and cell biology techniques are emphasized in most programs.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Transcripts (unofficial): Uploaded as part of application form.
If International: Uploads must include all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
After admission: Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
- Personal Statement
- Research Interest: Review current faculty and their areas of research.
- Three recommendation letters
NOTE: When sending GRE or TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed.
Admission Application Deadlines
January 15 for Fall.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
UNL Graduate Chairs and staff please complete the program update form to provide edits. Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.