Mathematics Education, Cert
- Understand the role that mathematics plays in the school curriculum and society.
- Analyze PK-16 mathematics teaching from a critical perspective, including understanding how social, historical, and institutional contexts affect the learning and teaching of mathematics.
- Complement and build on teachers' learning via the K-3 math specialist graduate certificate if they have completed it.
- Develop theoretical and practical understandings of practices to improve mathematics education for every student in PK-16 settings, and focus attention on grades 4-16 and 6- 12, depending on teachers' goals.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- Statement of interest
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.