Ornamentals, Landscape and Turf, Cert
The program offers a selection of courses focusing on the turf and landscape aspects of horticulture.
The Ornamentals, Landscape, and Turf graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program designed for Extension horticulturists; golf course superintendents; municipal parks' employees; landscape maintenance professionals; and individuals working in nursery/landscape-oriented garden centers. Core courses provide a solid science background, enabling students to better understand how to manage turf and ornamental areas. This basic knowledge is then interwoven with situation-specific disease, weed, and insect classes to help practitioners advance their management knowledge.
All coursework for this certificate is completed online through Great Plains IDEA consortium.Courses
Find courses at: https://catalog.unl.edu/graduate-professional/programs/grad-cert/#ORLT.
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (undergraduate and/or graduate)
- Letter of intent
- Resume or vita
- Three letters of recommendation
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
UNL Graduate Chairs and staff please complete the program update form to provide edits. Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.