Teacher Certification (Adding Endorsements), NDE
At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, individuals who already have Initial Teacher Certification through the Nebraska State Department of Education may complete coursework requirements for the following additional endorsements:
- Bilingual Education K-6
- Bilingual Education 7-12
- Biology 7-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- English as a Second Language PK-6
- English as a Second Language 7-12
- Earth and Space Science 7-12
- Family and Consumer Sciences (6-12)
- Information Technology PK-12
- Instructional Technology Leadership PK-12
- Math (6-12)
- Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Physics 7-12
- Reading Specialist PK-12
- Special Education: Deaf or Hard of Hearing B-12
- Special Education: Early Childhood B-K
- Special Education: Early Intervention Specialist B-PK
- Special Education: Visual Impairment B-12
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
See application form for endorsement-specific requirements.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
UNL Graduate Chairs and staff please complete the program update form to provide edits. Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.