Biomedical Engineering, PhD
Graduate Admission Requirements
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- One set of transcripts.
- If International: upload copies of all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
* Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If the student’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency is required.
* When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Major Admission Requirements
- GRE General (optional)
- GRE Subject (optional)
- Resume/CV (required)
- Personal Statement (required): Indicate within your personal statement the specific field of biomedical engineering in which you are interested. It is helpful (but not required) for your statement to describe how your interests relate to the areas of research of any faculty members you name as potential advisors in this form’s Faculty item.
- Coursework Worksheet (required, see link in app form)
- Faculty (required): Identify one or more faculty members in this department with whom you would like to work.
For full funding consideration, students must choose Fall term and submit applications by January 15.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.
UNL Graduate Chairs and staff please complete the program update form to provide edits. Updates to graduate program pages are made on an annual basis in conjunction with the Graduate Application for Admission.