This general non-degree category is primarily for students who want to take a few courses without pursuing a degree or certificate.
Applicants are reviewed for minimum standards upon receipt of an application, application fee and unofficial transcript showing conferral of a baccalaureate or higher degree. If a student is admitted and enrolls, official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended are required, showing the receipt of a baccalaureate degree or higher.
Applying for Admission
Standard requirements for all graduate programs
- Application for Admission with $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Transcripts (unofficial): Uploaded as part of application form.
If International: Uploads must include all college- or university-level transcripts or mark sheets (records of courses and marks earned), with certiﬁcates, diplomas, and degrees plus certiﬁed English translations.
After admission: Official documents are required from all students who are admitted and enroll. Photocopies of certiﬁed records are not acceptable. International students enrolled in other U.S. institutions may have certiﬁed copies of all foreign records sent directly to the Office of Graduate Studies by their current school’s registrar office.
- If applicant’s native language is not English, verification of English proficiency
When sending TOEFL scores, our institution code is 6877 and a department code is not needed.
- If applicant is not a US citizen and expects an F or J visa: financial information.
- Applicants must also fulfill any additional requirements the department specifies at the time of application.
Additional requirements specific to this program
There are some limitations to a non-degree, post-baccalaureate admission:
- This admission category does not guarantee future admission to a graduate certificate, endorsement, or degree program.
- Admission to a degree program must be gained prior to the accumulation of half of the hours required for the degree sought.
- Students do not qualify for assistantships or fellowships in this category.
- This admission category is not available to international students on F-1 student visas.
- This admission category may affect the studentâ€™s ability to receive federal financial aid; contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for more information.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment.