The UNL Graduate Council serves as a governing body acting on behalf of the UNL Graduate Faculty and serves as an advisory body to the UNL Dean for Graduate Studies. The UNL Graduate Council is an elected body and subject to the authority of the Graduate Faculty.
The UNL Graduate Council meets formally as a whole approximately monthly during the academic year. The Council consists of eight elected members of the Graduate Faculty, two graduate students elected by the Graduate Student Assembly, and the Dean for Graduate Studies. The Dean presides at Council meetings and serves as its chair.
Members are listed by the year in which their term ends.
- 2023: Andrew Donesky (Graduate Student Representative)
- 2023: Geoff Friesen (Business)
- 2023: Adam Houston (Physical Sciences)
- 2023: Venn Jemkur (Graduate Student Representative)
- 2024: Jennifer Clarke (Agricultural Science & Biological Sciences)
- 2024: Laura Muñoz (Social Sciences)
- 2025: Xu Li (Engineering)
- 2025: Brenda Wristen (Arts)
- 2026: Maria Marron (Humanities)
- 2026: Elizabeth Niehaus (Professional Education)
- Ex-officio: Debra Hope (Dean of Graduate Education)
Appointed representatives to the NU Executive Graduate Council: Geoff Friesen and Laurie Thomas Lee.
Appointed representative to the UNL Academic Planning Committee: Jennifer Clarke.